Best answer

Certificate to be emailed to students who complete a course Thinkific

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m not too familiar with automation options out there. I’m looking to send certificates to students who complete courses through Zapier. Does anyone know a way to do that which isn’t too complicated? I have courses on Thinkific but do not want to use Thinkific’s certificates since many of my students do my courses via USB as well. 

I have a google sheets with their info and it is connected to my email sender via zapier. So I have the fields needed to fill in to the certificate. 

I would like my students to receive the certificate in PDF form. I would much prefer a free option for the certificates themselves.

Thanks in advance!

Lea

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 19 September 2022, 18:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @lea3365 !

I don’t know of an app that creates certificates, specifically, but I think you can pull this off if you don’t mind a little DIY.

Trigger: Thinkific Course Completed

Action: Google Sheets Lookup Spreadsheet Row

• Use this to search for the user who completed the course. It’ll return any info in their row in your Sheet.

Action: Google Docs Create Document from Template

• Create a Google Doc template for your certificate, then use this action to auto-create them for each user using their info from GSheets.

Action: Create PDF

Action: Send Email

• Then, use the email client of your choice to send the certificate.

I hope this points you in the right direction! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much for this!

I followed until the PDF step!! How would I have the Google Docs switched to a PDF? There are apps that do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @lea3365! If you head to our app directory and type in “PDF”, you should see a few apps pop up to help you with that file conversion. 🙂 https://zapier.com/apps