Question

Catch all Zap errors across team

• 9 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey!

We’re trying to catch all Zapier errors across all Zaps to send to Slack, however we’ve noticed that the “Zapier Manager → New Zap Error” trigger only triggers for Zaps owned (created) by that specific user.

As a Team it would be really useful to have all Zap errors caught by a Zap.

How can we do this for all Zaps without duplicating our “Zap → Slack” zap for every team member?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jamie Dixon ,

Thats a great question and I think this feature currently doesn’t exist….. We should open a feature request for this.

However, maybe as a workaround I got something you can try. Within the Zapier settings you can enable notifications on faiiled actions/triggers:

Can you test if this feature / setting is enabled for all users when you change this, and if it gets send to 1 inbox?

This way you can maybe have a workflow that checks the inbox for these emails, analyzes the data and makes some notification in slack!

Let me know if this helps you or if you got any other questions.

~Bjorn

Userlevel 1

Hey @ForYourIT,

The email notification settings seem to work the same way. The only user who gets an email notification is the user that owns the Zap.

Thanks for the idea.

:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I see, that is unfortunate. Well then I suggest you make a workaround for this at the email level.

Instead of creating all the Zaps per user, what if you make a filter at every users email and let it send the Zapier errors to 1 main email.
Then you can have a zapier workflow act on this 1 main error email.

Let me know if this helps you! (or not)
~Bjorn

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @Jamie Dixon ,

Where you able to fix this eventually? Would be great to know.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jamie Dixon!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!