Question

Capturing GCLID from Google Analytics and passing to Marketo

• 9 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Team, 

We’re attempting to capture the GCLID from a gravity form submission on our WordPress site so that we can associate it with the lead to track offline conversion data for our Google Ads campaigns. The lead comes through Marketo and is then synced to Salesforce, but we’re having trouble capturing the GCLID once the form is submitted. 

I think we can create a zap that will sync the form submission GCLID from Google Analytics into Marketo, which will then sync it to the lead record in Salesforce. But, I haven’t quite figured it out yet. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for this? Or perhaps, a better way to capture the GCLID and associate it with the lead in Marketo?

Thanks so much

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @nickhavr93,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You might need to choose the “GCLID” data from the “Additional Fields” dropdown within the Marketo trigger. After selecting the “GCLID” data, you should fetch new sample data for the Zap to ensure that it pulls in the “GCLID” data you’re looking for.

Hopefully, this helps!

Marketo Trigger

Thanks for the response, Ken. The GCLID field shows up under the marketo trigger, but the data from Google Analytics isn’t showing any GCLID data..? Any idea why? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @nickhavr93,

I looked at the representative sample data of the “New Conversion Event in Google Analytics 4” trigger, and it looks like the GCLID data isn’t being included in the payload.

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf for the “New Conversion Event in Google Analytics 4” trigger return the GCLID data. You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Im curious though if what WordPress plugin you’re using for the form? If it's one that we connect with like Ninja Forms etc. You might be able to use that as a trigger as a workaround assuming it would send the GCLID information.