Best answer

Cannot read property 'number' of undefined

• 22 January 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

Can someone please explain what this error means. I am trying to create a zap that connect a Squarespace form submission to add a contact to Keller Williams command.

thanks

icon

Best answer by jesse 21 April 2021, 18:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

28 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey, everyone

It seems this is still unresolved for many here, so I’ll share what I’ve found. I think I was able to figure it out. 

I went through the same motions and got the same reply from KW that this is a problem on Zapier’s side and I am still waiting for an answer from Zapier’s support team on the same question.

Here is the deal, when you test your Zap using a dummy lead from Facebook, the Facebook’s dummy ph number is “test_data” or something like that. It seems Command rejects the Zap because it’s trying to save a contact with letters in the ph number field. Ergo, “number undefined”.

To ensure the Zap works, you can test it with the ph number field empty or manually input a default value like 8888888888. The test should work. At that point, you can go back to the “Set up Action” tab and plug the “Facebook phone number” value into the ph number section. Then, click next, Skip the test, and turn on your Zap.

Once your Facebook ad is running and you gain a lead, the Facebook lead form will have the leads’ actual info and thus, have numbers in the ph number section. The lead’s contact info will successfully be added to Command as it won’t reject the ph number portion because the ph number is ‘defined.’

Again, it seems the problem is with the test lead’s dummy data when testing the Zap, not between Facebook and Command or Zapier and Command.

I hope this makes sense. Please reach out if you need me to clarify.

-Manny

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Manny B, thanks for sharing the workaround that you found when using test data from Facebook Lead Ads in a Zap!

@LNewcomer - it sounds like there’s a bit of confusion here, I’ll do my best to clear things up. 

In terms of managing the KW Command integration, the team at Keller Williams owns and maintains the Zapier integration, so their team will need to add any feature requests/address any issues. The Zapier team has recently reached out to KW to see if we can help them to address this issue/feature request. Fingers crossed we’ll be able to get things moving soon. 

We know that Keller Williams updated the integration at the beginning of December. The Create Lead action is no longer available and the Create contact action has been updated. 

In terms of the information coming from other apps, I think that you’ll be able to get the best help from the Zapier support team. You can contact them using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help They will be able to take a look at the apps you’re using and how your Zaps are set up so that they can answer your questions 🙂

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello everyone! We wanted to let y’all know that Keller Williams has resolved this issue. :clap: If you continue to experience this error message while using the KW Command app on Zapier, please reach out to our support team to further troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/get-help. Thanks for your patience while our teams worked together to get this one resolved. :slight_smile: