Best answer

Cannot connect to files in Google "Shared Drives"

Userlevel 1

Dear Zap Team,

I’m trying to append text in a Google Doc with information from Monday.com Pulses. The Zap works just fine for Docs in “My Drive” but not for Docs in my company “Shared drives”. 

I followed instruction from another post (https://community.zapier.com/ask-the-community-3/new-google-drive-zap-can-t-find-shared-drives-1067) and plugged in the folder ID into the Customize Text. Again, this works for “My Drive” but not “Shared drives”.

Are there specific setting I need to adjust on the Shared drive to allow Zapier to access the files?

Thank you,

Adrian

icon

Best answer by steph.n 26 June 2020, 07:45

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @spencerogden 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll keep you updated via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

+1 from me. This is a very necessary feature for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ViacheslavB 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll keep you updated via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Shared drives are all my org uses so we don’t lose documents in personal folders.  Is there any way to use the new Beta API as a workaround?

This was ever fixed? Seems to be a issue going back ages. 

@JammerS can you add me to this list too? REALLY odd and frustrating can’t find/share/move items on Shared drives via Zap 😶

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @aferg,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.