Best answer

Cannot connect to files in Google "Shared Drives"

Userlevel 1

Dear Zap Team,

I’m trying to append text in a Google Doc with information from Monday.com Pulses. The Zap works just fine for Docs in “My Drive” but not for Docs in my company “Shared drives”. 

I followed instruction from another post (https://community.zapier.com/ask-the-community-3/new-google-drive-zap-can-t-find-shared-drives-1067) and plugged in the folder ID into the Customize Text. Again, this works for “My Drive” but not “Shared drives”.

Are there specific setting I need to adjust on the Shared drive to allow Zapier to access the files?

Thank you,

Adrian

icon

Best answer by steph.n 26 June 2020, 07:45

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ajensen - Thanks for writing to us today! While this feature isn’t currently available, please rest assured that we have added you to our feature request wish list. You’ll hear from us as soon as we have an update to share. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

When do you expect this feature to be available?  I keep looking for alternatives but haven’t found much luck, there are a bunch of discussions online with people looking for this feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Tilting Point - That’s a great question. Prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. By adding your vote, I was able to add some weight to the issue!  If there are other users who are seeking the same solution, pointing them to this topic and having them chime in to have their vote added will get additional attention to the demand.

I'm sorry I don't have a more definitive answer here. Thank you for your patience and we will send you an email if there are any updates!

Userlevel 1

I would like to add my vote to this feature request also. We have a need to create and upload a Google Doc to a Shared Drive with our university as opposed to a personal folder. This article: 

claims that is can be done but it does not appear to work for us either. Please let me know if this is on the list of improvements!

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Dana S - thanks for reaching out! I have added you as an interested user in this feature so that if/when it becomes a reality you will be notified!

Userlevel 1

PLEASE ADD MY VOTE FOR THIS @Liz_Roberts THIS IS SOO FRUSTRATING. COMPLETELY DESTROYS SHARED DRIVES FOR ZAPIER. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@OliverAccess2020 I am so sorry this is causing frustration on your end. I have added your vote and you will be notified via email of any updates!

Userlevel 1

Plus one please. It’s so strange that I can create a doc from a template, find the doc etc inside shared drives, but can’t append text. 

has anyone found workarounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@amanda.s - I have added you to this feature request and you will receive any updates via email!

Userlevel 1

Would much like this feature - plus one!

Any news on the progress would be much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tweaker!

I’ve added you to the feature request so you can receive an email notification when it’s been implemented. I’m afraid I don’t have an ETA at this time.

Userlevel 2

Please add my vote.. sooo frustrating to lose all the zap functionality. I bet zapier is losing users by the day over this. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@flashmcintosh - I know that must be frustrating! I have added your vote to this request and you will receive any updates from our team via email. 

Userlevel 1

I assume that this has not be updated. If that is true please add my vote to this

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @richemery

We don’t have any news on this update and I’ve added you to the feature request. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote. Shared drives seem to be here to stay and it feels like Zapier should get on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jrbrandon, thanks for your message and sharing your thoughts. I’ve added you as an interested user on the request. 

Userlevel 1

Adding my vote to resolve the shared drive issueas well. This could be a dealbreaker for some of our users and clients. @Danvers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SPEAKEASY!

I've gone ahead and added your vote for that feature. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.

I noticed today that Shared drives are supported for Sheets integration (add a row to a spreadsheet) but not yet for Created Doc from Template - Folder for new Document.) That makes it seem like shared drive support is possible. Please consider this an upvote for Shared drive support for Google Doc creation from template.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Warren! :)

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. No ETA on when support for shared drives will added but we will be sure to email you as soon as it is!

Userlevel 1

Is this feature still not available? I find this strange because there seems to be no problem with connected a google spreadsheet from a shared drive - this is specific to appending google docs?

if so, then i’d like to upvote this too. 

Userlevel 1

Any updates on this? The fact that we can’t append text to a document on a shared Google drive means we can’t automate our processes in the way we would like and may force us into using a different product. It’s a feature we need ASAP.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @jason.lay.AM, @First Rank 

I’ve added all your votes for this feature request and we’ll update via email once available. No ETA as of the moment. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote to this thread, and numerous other threads going back 2 years. The Google Drive app and the Google Sheets app both support Shared Drives. The Google Doc app does not and it is a killer. Please fix this soon, it has been a long time since Shared Drives were added as a feature, they should be supported.