Best answer

Cannot add role to user in Discord

• 2 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

Basically I have a google sheet set up and i want zapier to look for the entered name in a cell which works, it finds the user in discord. Then I want it to add a role to that user. In total I have 3 steps,

1. the trigger. 

1. Is where it looks for the user in Discord which works
  2. My last step is where the user should be given a role but that doesn’t work
  3. I’ll send screenshots below.

I hope someone can help me, thank you.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 April 2022, 11:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Chris2003!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your Discord step. This was an issue that we’ve seen users run into in the past, but we had fixed the original bug so I’m not sure if this is the same thing or something different. Could I ask you to please get in touch with the Zapier Support Team (using the Get Help form) as they’ll be able to dive into this with you and check the error logs of the Zap. 

In the meantime, when some users encountered this issue in the past, they were able to make their Zap work by using the User ID, when selected as a Custom value. So if you ignore that error and test that step with a User ID, it should go through to Discord successfully. Hope that helps!