Best answer

Can zaps be created programmatically?

• 16 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

After looking around I feel like this is a “no” but thought I’d ask. Can zaps be created programmatically? Is there an API for managing zaps directly? (Note: not apps)

Zapier seems very powerful yet simple, but I’m very fearful of manually set up systems. I would like to be able to have zaps in some configuration format (YAML or JSON) so they can be stored in git and deployable via a continuous integration platform (and use dev environments/version).

If not, I hope this can become a feature request. I think it could be an opportunity for Zapier to reach into another market. I get that Zapier is about being no-code, but being able to have zaps in a config file format would only take it to “low-code”. It would still speed up integration development for dev teams as there’d be a lot of standardisation, developers wouldn’t have to understand the differences between all APIs, they’d just have to know the standard Zapier configuration format.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 April 2021, 04:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jordie 

I encourage you to submit a ticket to Zapier Support for them to log your feature requests: https://zapier.com/app/get-help