Best answer

Can Zappier access confidential information in programs it's integrated with?

• 31 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi -- I am interested in using Zappier and had a specific question about Zappier’s ability to “pull” data when it’s integrated with certain software.  For instance, if I create a Zap between Zendesk and Slack, does Zappier have access to all information stored within each of those program’s accounts, or can it only “touch” information for which it has been permitted to do through designated rules?  In other words, if the connected Zendesk account has information stored in Sections A-Z, but Zaps are created to automate certain activity for information contained in exclusively in Sections A and B, is there any way Zappier can extract or access data from Sections C-Z of the Zendesk account?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 October 2022, 22:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rockmos 

Good question.

Zaps have access to data for the associated triggers/actions for an app.

For Zendesk that includes, the following and more:

1. Tickets
  2. Orgs
  3. Groups
  4. Users

For example, if you only configured Zaps for Zendesk tickets, the Zendesk Zap app connection still in theory has access to Orgs because that’s an available trigger/action for the Zendesk Zap app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there!

@Troy Tessalone nailed it but I wanted to add some linkage to Zapier around Privacy/Security practices as well. 

Hope this helps! 😊