Skip to main content
Question

Can Zapier table add date when a new row is created?

• 17 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Currently, when a type form application comes in, I have a date field in zapier table which pulls the data. 

However, for some reason it looks like zapier table is not pulling the date in our desired format which is dd/mm/yyyy. It is sometimes getting swapped as mm/dd/yyyy.

So thought to use a functionality that you could help, to add the current date to the date field when row is created, instead of pulling from Typeform application.

Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Sooraj Rajaramadas 👋

This very much seems like it’s a bug so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to have this investigated further and so that they can open up a bug report for this. 

So thought to use a functionality that you could help, to add the current date to the date field when row is created, instead of pulling from Typeform application.

Yes, you’re correct! I did some testing and changed a Date & Time field that had been set a format of DD/MM/YYY to be Text field and it converted the dates to the following:
0cae3886f2a810851ca8e49f118e8999.png
Which indicates that’s the default format that Date & Time fields expect to receive a data value in. So, changed it back to be a Date & Time type of field, and used a Formatter (Date / Time > Format) action in a Zap to convert a date value from DD/MM/YYYY into the date format it defaults to (YYYY-MM-DD). See our Modify date and time formats in Zaps to learn more about how to do that.

Then I selected the date that’s output by the Formatter in the action that added a new record in Zapier Tables and it correctly added the date as 02/03/2024 instead of swapping it around to be 03/02/2024:
2894f1d70d791bf4c1aa78ab8b2d73b0.png

Can you give that Formatter action a try and let me know if that fixes things for the date field in your table as well?