Best answer

Can zapier shopify create variant products ?

• 7 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I wanted to basically create a product from google sheet and have it Zapier connect with Shopify to create/updated the product. Now my question is does Zapier Shopify create product function able to create variants? One product with multiple variants skus?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 12 October 2020, 15:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Shopify available actions via Zapier:

Otherwise you’ll have to use the Shopify API via a Webhook step.

Thank you for the response. I do know that Zapier have Shopify actions but I want to know if the action of creating a product can create a product with multiple variants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @adevcoder! Thanks for the question. At this time, it seems like we can create Product Variant but not multiple variants. 
I wanted to ask if the multiple SKUs are custom fields or extra options in a product variant? This would help me direct your request to the right team for consideration.

Thanks so much!

Hi Steph

It would be options in product variant. It would be like Jacket product ID 1234 with variant ids 3414 Small - SKU01 // variant id 23424 Med - SKU02 // Variant id Large - SKU003  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @adevcoder ,

Hopping in for Steph here- hope that’s okay! Thank you for the extra detail here- we currently have an open feature request for this functionality with Shopify. 

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with the app’s dev team
  • Adds weight to the issue in queue
  • Reminds us to update you if/when there is an update

I don't have an ETA as to when there may be an update, but you'll definitely be notified via email as soon as we have any news!