Skip to main content
Question

Can Zapier Automate Uploading Videos from Google Drive to YouTube with Titles and Descriptions from a Reference File?

• 8 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I would like to know if Zapier can perform this specific function that I've been trying to make work for days:

Firstly, I would like it to access a specific folder on my Google Drive, retrieve all the files inside (specifically .mp4 files), read a .txt file or a Google Sheet as a reference, and automatically upload the videos to YouTube using the data from the .txt file or Google Sheet to write the titles and descriptions for each of the videos in the folder that are referenced in the .txt file or Google Sheet.

Practical example: Inside the Google Drive folder, there will be several videos (e.g., 1.mp4, 2.mp4, 3.mp4). Inside the reference file, if it's a .txt file, it would look like this:

1.mp4  
<Video Title>  
<Video Description>

2.mp4  
<Video Title>  
<Video Description>

3.mp4  
<Video Title>  
<Video Description>

If it were a spreadsheet, each row would refer to a different video, with the first column being the file name, the second column the video title, and the third column the video description.  

If was a spreadsheet, it would look like this:

1.mp4 <Video Title (From 1.mp4)> <Video Description (From 1.mp4)>
2.mp4 <Video Title (From 2.mp4)> <Video Description (From 2.mp4)>
3.mp4 <Video Title (From 3.mp4)> <Video Description (From 3.mp4)>

So, using this file, the action would take the file with the same name from the folder, upload it to YouTube, set the title and description according to the reference, and post it automatically.  
Note that this should happen for all videos present in the folder. The trigger could be a new file (I'm not sure) or it could be a manual trigger. If has 40 videos on the folder, the action needs to do this 40 times, each one per video.

If someone can help me, please do a quick tutorial to how do this. I’m kind a new here

I have spent days trying to use Zapier's own AI and others, researching tutorials, and I still couldn't get it to work. Can you help, please?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Matheus Teodoro 

You are describing the concept of a lookup table:

NOTE: Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

If you need help, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.