Best answer

Can you use a transfer to delete data from a Maximizer record

• 26 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m running a transfer of bounced email addresses so that it updates the Maximizer records as being a contact that doesn’t want to receive our marketing communications. Is there a way of getting the transfer to remove the email address from the record at the same time? I can get it to overwrite the record with the word ‘removed’, but ideally I’d like to remove the email address completely. Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 26 January 2023, 23:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EllieH 

Good question.

Many Zap app integrations don’t expose their destructive API endpoints on purpose.

Generally you’d have to use the app’s API to do that.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @EllieH!

I did some digging and as Troy mentioned there a “Delete Contact” action isn’t supported at the moment.

Full transparency, this particular app is owned and managed by the team over at Maximizer. At one point we did log a feature request for this and were advised this isn’t something they intend to support either. That said I added you to that feature request so in the event that changes you’ll be emailed.

Sorry to not have better news here but appreciate you flagging this in community!