Best answer

Can you integrate a Shopify landing page/checkout with a Squarespace Members Area?

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I currently sell private content using Squarespace members area. As far as I’m concerned, no other website builder really comes close in terms of showcasing premium Members only content as Squarespace.

However, the commerce functionalities in Squarespace are definitely lacking - for example, there’s no multi-currency checkout, no international/localized payment methods, etc. It’s pretty frustrating if you’re selling in several different markets.

Is there any way to integrate a Shopify landing page/checkout with a Squarespace Members area? So in other words, customers can sign up through the Shopify landing page, using the Shopify checkout, but then once they’ve paid they’re directed to the ‘backend’ which is the Squarespace members area?

How can Zapier help with this? Any feedback is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by ZappinAndy 15 September 2022, 01:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @AaronChamby, I couldn’t find a clear solution to directly integration Squarespace’s Members feature with Shopify from my research.

I see a detailed blog post here on integrating Shopify into your Squarespace site, but it doesn’t cover the members piece of this: 

https://www.sqspthemes.com/blog/how-to-integrate-shopify-with-squarespace

Squarespace notes that you don’t need to charge new “Members” directly through Squarespace. That means you may be able to embed Shopify onto your page to charge new members as the blog post describes. After sales, if you can then point them to the Members Area of your site to create their account (where they won’t be charged a second time), then I think this might accomplish the task.

As far as I can tell, the Squarespace APIs do not allow you to automatically create a new member, so I do believe members would have to do both of these steps. One way you could set this up

• Interested customers visit your site and use Shopify to purchase a membership
  • You can then set up a workflow that triggers on new membership orders that automatically emails the customer a link to create their Squarespace members account.

If you use Shopify as the trigger app, you can then build a Zap that automatically emails the new customer a link to the Members signup page.

https://zapier.com/apps/shopify/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Something to consider, but curious if others have ideas here.

Hey @ZappinAndy ,

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this.

I’m totally in agreement with you - this is something I had already thought about. I think it’s really the only feasible solution to this problem...and the only way that would allow me to use Squarespace members areas while using Shopify commerce/checkout. I think I’ll try that out.

Thank you so much!