Best answer

Can the Instagram zaps access the location data?

• 10 August 2022
  • 3 replies

When I post to Instagram I tag the photos with a location.

That data doesn’t seem to be available in the zap I create.

Is it impossible to get?

icon

Best answer by EJR 11 August 2022, 05:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @AndrewDucker! Thanks for reaching out, we definitely want to help!

Do you mind elaborating a bit more on your current workflow - for example which apps, triggers, and actions are you using? In addition are you using the Instagram or Instagram for Business app?

Sometimes it helps to frame it like - "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app." That might help us dig into this a bit more with you. 🙂

Thanks so much!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thanks for the reply!

I’m using Instagram - the “New Media Posted in My Account in Instagram” trigger, and then using that to send an email. I get various bits of data I can insert into the email, such as Caption, Media URL, Permalink, etc.  But location isn’t one of those bits of data.  See the snapshot there - there’s no location data.

Does that make sense, and is there anything else I can share to make it clearer?

Thanks!

Andy

Badge +3

Hi @AndrewDucker,

Thank you for visiting the Zapier Community! Happy to help here. 

It looks like the location field isn’t included in the ‘New Media Posted in my Account’ trigger data. This is the main reason why you cannot see the location value when mapping the Instagram data in your action step.

You can verify this by checking Instagram’s API documentation here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-basic-display-api/reference/media#fields From there, you’ll notice that there’s no ‘location’ field mentioned. 

I did some digging on this and it looks like there are other Zapier users requesting to add fields to the ‘New Media Posted in my Account’ trigger in Instagram so I will notify our Community Moderators so they can get you added to that existing feature request. 

Please let me know if i can help out with anything else.