Question

Can't save form on Squarespace when it's connected to Zapier

• 25 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have the same-- but with zoom and SS using zapier.

Zap is successfully set up and tested.

Zoom is successful and tested. 

SS is connected to Zap but won’t allow me to save the form on SS.

When I remove Zapier as the storage in SS form, I get the error message saying I can’t save the form. When I remove Zapier as the storage and use my email as the storage instead, the form saves correctly. It’s as if Zapier is the issue being the storage place. 

*I contacted SS and they said it’s not an issue with their site.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Also, I did disconnect, reconnect and even deleted the form and started all over again. Same issue every time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jenplusplus 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 1

I need to correct some info on my first comment:

When I connect Zapier to my Squarespace form as the storage, the form won’t save.

When I remove Zapier as the storage on my SS form and instead connect my email as the storage, the form saves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jenplusplus, I’m sorry that you’ve been having this trouble with your SquareSpace form, that sounds really frustrating! 

It does sound like it’s something that would be happening on the SquareSpace side of things but as you say, you’ve already contacted them, so there may be some context that I’m missing. I’m going to pass you on to our Support Team so that they can dig into this some more with you. I’ll pass the details of this post along and someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible. 

hello @Danvers 

was there ever a resolve to this issue? I am dealing with the exact same thing right now. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sarahbean

I found this information on the Zapier Squarespace help page that might shine a light on it:

Presently, it is only possible for Zapier to receive data from Form Blocks in Squarespace. The forms you can create inside of a Cover Page are a separate entity and are not yet supported.

As a workaround, you can configure your Cover Page form in Squarespace to use Google Drive or an email address as its storage. You can then trigger your Zap using the Google Sheets or Email Parser integrations respectively!

If that doesn’t look like the issue that you’re having, then the best thing to do would be to contact the Zapier Support team using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help