Question

Can't publish Zap because of Google Approval list

• 28 February 2023
  • 13 replies

I have created and successfully tested out the zap that upload attachment from Gmail to Amazon S3 bucket. 
However, I cannot publish the zap to use it. it’s telling me that Google No longer support this app and I have to choose one of the app that Google Approved. 

Is there anyway to work around this? My company uses Microsoft email but when I create the Zap, I couldn’t find the action of upload attachment like Gmail app. 

Any advise is much appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hng304 

Good question.

You can use a paid Gmail account, which doesn’t have those Zap restrictions.

Thanks for your reply. 
Is there any way we could create a same zap for Microsoft Outlook instead of Gmail? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hng304 

Outlook doesn’t have the New Attachment Zap trigger, so attachment will be in a ZIP file I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hng304!

I’m not sure if you’d seen this in our Help Center, or the blog post where we explained the reasoning behind the approved apps list.

It doesn’t solve your problem, I realize, but to maintain our partnership with Google we can’t provide ways to get around the restrictions.

As Troy mentioned, you can use a paid Gmail account, which I realize may not be something you can implement in this case. 

Question: when you had an attachment on your Microsoft email, did you not see that in the Zapier trigger? 

If you used this (the New Email trigger) I’m pretty sure the attachment should be there.

Hi @nicksimard,

I thought about New Email trigger but my account receives a lot of email a day so I just want to make it simple to look for only email with attachment. Anyways, I will do some test about the new email trigger. 

Thank you so much for replying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh, you can add a Filter step if you’d like, to make sure only emails with attachments make it to the next step :) 

I’m trying to create new zap for Microsoft but when I test the trigger to pull new email, they only shows the email without attachment. They don’t pull the email that I need. 

Do you know why? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@hng304 Ah, I see what you mean. The samples that get pulled in aren’t always the ones you’d want to use (having an attachment, for example).

One thing you can try is sending yourself a new email that has an attachment, then re-testing the trigger. So, make something that matches your desired condition as one of the most recent emails.

Can you give that a shot?

@nicksimard I have tried sending me 2 emails with pdf attachment but it couldn’t pull it. Is it because the attachment is PDF? should I try images file instead? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hmm, interesting!

After you’ve sent those new emails and retested the trigger to pull in the samples (with attachments) are you not seeing those emails AT all?

Or are you seeing the emails just not the attachments?

Keep us posted!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @hng304!

I don’t think that should make a difference.

Something you can try is to:

• make the Zap and add an action that doesn’t really do anything (like send yourself an email, for example)
  • turn the Zap on and test it “live”
  • then go back into the Zap and re-test the trigger step to see if you can pull in that PDF attachment

So essentially you build a Zap that you can publish and run, then when that has processed the type of email you want to test with (PDF attachment), go back into the Zap and re-test the trigger step.

Hopefully that makes sense!

@christina.d I saw other emails without any attachment but I didn’t see any email with attachment at all.
For instance, I have 5 new emails and they only pulled 3 email that don’t have any attachment. I clicked load more but they say there is nothing to load. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @hng304! 👋

For the two emails that aren’t being pulled through, did they get added to your inbox before the three that did get found by the Zap? I’m wondering if maybe they weren’t added recently enough for the Zap to be able to see them. I know Gmail is only able to see new emails from within the last hour so perhaps it’s a similar situation with the Microsoft Outlook app. 

Also, is the sender of those two emails the same as the recipient? Asking as I found an internal note that states that if the sender and recipient are the same then the Zap won’t see the email.

Can you try sending yourself a new email (from a different email address) with an attachment? Then attempt to load that new email in as a new sample in the Zap. I’m thinking that should give you a sample email with an attachment which you can then use to continue setting up the Zap.

Please do give that a try and let us know how you get on. Keen to ensure you’re all set here!