Question

Can't get google calendar items to create from google sheet

• 17 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a google sheet and I want to create detailed google calendar items. I did a test and one item showed up fine but when I turned the Zap on (it’s been ½ hour since I turned on), no items showed up on my calendar. Can someone check my setup?

Also, I’d like to have the items update in the calendar when changes are made but it won’t let me do a multi step with my free account. Can I create a second Zap to do this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sara Nieburg 

Can you share more about your set up? Is it set to trigger on new rows being added? 

You won’t be able to set up a zap to update the event on a free account as it would always require a trigger, and two actions (a find event action, and then an update event action) and on the free account you are limited to just a trigger and 1 action. 

Trigger: New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets

Action: Create Detailed Event in Google Calendar

it finally fired up (I guess it was holding tasks bc there were so many). But now not all of the tasks were created in Google Calendar. Some are missing. Can I share links or can you get in and look at my setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I can’t get in and look at your set up from here but would be happy to discuss that if you want to send me a direct message. 

If you’d like to share screenshots of the issue we can do it that way as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sara Nieburg ,

Checking in to see if you got squared away with this Zap. If so, would love to know how and if you’re still encountering issues we’re happy to help!