Best answer

Can't find Spreadsheet & Drive

• 17 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a problem with Zapier and one of my partner ; I use Zapier to fill with leads a shared spreadsheet with my partners. My partners also use Zapier to then send these leads into their CRM. Everything has been working fine for months, but last weekend my team decided to clean up our Drive, and create and use “Team Drives”.

My shared spreadsheet now isn’t in my personnal Drive, but into the one of my company. And my partner can’t find it in Zapier and can’t process my leads… it is very problematic.

Can you help me ? 

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by christina.d 12 August 2022, 21:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ffourneau ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into this issue with GoogleSheets!

As this spreadsheet has moved to a new “Team Drive,” you may need to check your permission settings as Google Drive requires you to be the owner of a given folder in order to interact with it in Zapier (eg uploading a file to the folder or triggering on a new file added to that folder). 

Please let us know if that doesn’t do the trick and we can dig deeper here!

Hello !

Yes I figured that out :) But the thing is that when a Sheet is inside a Google Team Drive, no one can add it to his personal Drive and be the owner. All you can do is create a shortcut in your personal drive.

Although : 

• I can (as member of the Team Drive) trigger Zapiers on theses Sheets
  • I can share these Sheets with my partners
  • My partners can modify these Sheets and create shortcuts in their personnal Drive
  • But they can’t trigger any Zap on these Sheets

Isn’t that weird ? Can’t I do anything about that ? Seems a bit restrictive to leave Google Team Drive out of the question when it comes to Zapiers.. 

Thanks a lot, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ffourneau,

I see what you mean now. It looks like we’ve got an existing feature request to support the new (less than a month old) Shortcuts feature in the Google Drive integration. I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that. You’ll be notified via email when that gets added :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi friends! I wanted to swing by and mention support for the Shortcuts function in Google Drive was recently implemented! Yay! 🎉

Happy Zapping! ⚡️