Question

Can’t connect MySQL database to Zapier

• 12 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have been working on trying to connect Mysql to Zapier. I have been working on it for 45 hours, a bit over an entire business week. None of the documentation mentioned states that this functionality does not currently exist. I had to dig and dig to find a post from well over a year ago stating that this functionality is not currently supported. To add insult to injury just recently about 25 days ago, I saw a follow up stating that someone was able to find a work around to connect through a proxy. (Zapier responded by stating that since there is a workaround this is no longer an issue. 

I am at a loss of words that an issue that is over a year ago has not been resolved nor do they even make the workaround option documented.

The proxy option is not something I can implement due to certain requirements. The only reason why I signed up for Zapier was to connect to my SQL.

Can someone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Snowfox6 

You should contact support for this issue.

I have connected my MySQL connection through zapier, and it works fine. You need to make sure that your MySQL accepts connection from any IP, not restricted.

Thank you, I gave up on it and I started looking for alternative database clients that work with Amazon RMS but also when I tried the Postgres SQL, there I ran into a problem where the latest version of Postgres is not supported. I am going to go back and recreate a database and look at all my permissions. I am sure it will work the second time around. I appreciate and value your feedback.

Thanks.