Question

Can't add custom fields to Zoom Create Meeting Registrant action

• 1 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am attempting to user a New Lead in Facebook Lead Gen Ads trigger to fire a Zoom Create Meeting Registrant action, such that users who complete a lead gen form will automatically be registered for a Zoom meeting.

Everything is working as expected, except that I have a custom question in my Facebook Lead Gen form that corresponds to a custom field that is required in my Zoom form.

It doesn’t look like Zapier allows me to add custom fields to the Zoom action - it only allows for email, first name, last name, and a TRUE/FALSE for confirmation email. I don’t see any option to add a field:

When attempting to test the trigger with only those fields, I get this error message:

This seems like a massive oversight as I imagine virtually every organization needs some additional info from meeting attendees beyond their name and email address.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alew46 

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support regarding this: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

NOTE: There is this help article related to Zoom WEBINARS...

How can I change some fields in my Create Webinar Registrant action to "not required"?

The fields presented in the Create Webinar Registrant action and their status as "required" or "not required" are set directly in the specific Zoom webinar.
Zoom has a help guide on how to set up registration fields for a webinar.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Alew46 ,

I suggest report this issue to Zapier team here , you can mention custom fields are not appearing in the input. Also, if you are good at making custom API calls, than you easily can add custom fields. You can read here about Webhooks by Zapier