Best answer

Can my Slack thread trigger include the original message?

• 20 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a zap that is triggered whenever I include a certain symbol in a slack message. The zap pushes the message to a google sheet and creates a row for the information.

Sometimes I use that symbol in a thread, and the zap continues to work.

Is it possible to use that symbol in a thread and have the zap include the original message in the google sheet row?

As an example:

Original message: My name is Jane

thread: * I eat bananas
thread: * I wear the color red

If the symbol that the zap is looking for is an asterisk, can I have the new rows created include the original message “My name is Jane”?

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 September 2021, 11:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@abp 

I don’t think so - because you’d need to be able to search and retrieve the parent message in Slack - and the current Zapier Slack integration doesn’t support that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @abp!

I did some checking and it doesn’t look like there’s an existing feature request open to have the original message details included for threaded messages that trigger the Zap. 

It may be worth reaching out to our Support Team to let them know that this is something you’d like added to the Slack integration. They’ll then be able to open up a feature request to have the original message included for threaded Slack messages. :)