Best answer

Can MailChimp bounced emails be used as a trigger - integrating with Maximiser CRM

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to create a zap that detects hard bounces in MailChimp and then updates our Maximser CRM? I can see unsubscribes as a zap trigger in the list, but not hard bounce?

It would be hugely useful to be able to do this automatically each time a campaign is sent out, rather than having to export the list every time and update manually in Max.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 19 January 2023, 12:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @EllieH, welcome to the Community!

It’s not possible to create a Zap that would do that using the Mailchimp integration as it is, we do have a feature request open to add a trigger for bounced emails and I’ve added you as an interested user on that. I don’t have an ETA of when/if that will be added, but we’ll update this thread and send you an email if it is. 

I took a look at the MailChip API (the bit code that lets other apps send information to/from Mailchimp) and although it’s possible to get a list of member activity (ie you can see all members, which would show those who have been unsubscribed due to bounces) it doesn’t look like there’s a way to ask MailChimp to send a notification/information each time a bounce happens. That means that it would be very difficult if not impossible for you to do this yourself using a webhooks step.

One way that you could automate some of this process would be to use a Transfer. If you can export the list of bounces from Mailchimp into Google sheet, you could then automatically update the relevant information in Maximiser CRM.

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @EllieH, welcome to the Community!

It’s not possible to create a Zap that would do that using the Mailchimp integration as it is, we do have a feature request open to add a trigger for bounced emails and I’ve added you as an interested user on that. I don’t have an ETA of when/if that will be added, but we’ll update this thread and send you an email if it is. 

I took a look at the MailChip API (the bit code that lets other apps send information to/from Mailchimp) and although it’s possible to get a list of member activity (ie you can see all members, which would show those who have been unsubscribed due to bounces) it doesn’t look like there’s a way to ask MailChimp to send a notification/information each time a bounce happens. That means that it would be very difficult if not impossible for you to do this yourself using a webhooks step.

One way that you could automate some of this process would be to use a Transfer. If you can export the list of bounces from Mailchimp into Google sheet, you could then automatically update the relevant information in Maximiser CRM.

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks for this, the transfer option looks like it could work nicely. Is there a way of running the transfer so that it removes an email address or overwrites it with the word (removed) for these bounced records? I only seem to be able to get it to add things to a Maximiser record, not remove information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @EllieH 

There isn't a way to delete a Maximiser record using Zapier, but there is an Update Lead Entry action, would that allow you to update/overwrite the record the way that you need to?