Question

Can LinkedIn Ad trigger for all forms with varying numbers of questions, that I can process with formatter or code?

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi There, I'd like to create one zap for all our linkedin forms,
Problem is, there are some variations in the 'questions' fields that return,
Some have 3, some 5, some have 6 questions. 
Trying to figure out if there is a possibility to get all fields with name like 'questions',
so I can apply some logic in a formatter or code step to further continue processing.

Hoping there is a solution for this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Quint, welcome to the Community!

Ah, you wouldn’t be able to get the Zap to select new fields automatically. So if a new LinkedIn form had fields added that were different from the ones already selected in the action steps of the Zap, the information in those different fields wouldn’t be passed to the action steps, as they aren’t selected. You’d need to select all the possible fields from the forms.

You could use a Paths by Zapier or Code by Zapier action to add some conditional logic that checks to see if certain fields are filled out. And then carry out certain actions based on that. But you’d still need to select the new fields in the Zap any time a new form with different questions is added so that the Zap can access the information within them. 

Does that approach sound like it could work? If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do here let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB , Thanks for the quick reply.
That indeed sounds like a possible solution, and keen to try this out.
Also curious if you think this could work…
Say i prep a code by zapier stap that takes 10 values for input data.
5 of those i fill with exciting questions fields available to me in test data. and 5 of those i fill with fields that are not there, but could possibly be (when a linkedin form has 6 or more fields).

Then apply some python code to itterate over the available answers, and handle the value's depending on the characters in each.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @Quint! Great question and appreciate you raising it here.

That might be a great question to raise in our Code/Webhooks forum. Any steps involving Code by Zapier are usually considered more advanced approaches.

As a result support is limited but if anyone can help that’s where they’ll be. 🙂

Thanks again for using the community!