Skip to main content

I’m trying to create a zap so that when some trigger occurs, my action can be to update the status of a subitem on a Monday.com board to “Done.”

The only action I can find that Zapier supports related to Monday.com subitems is to create a new subitem.  I can’t find anything about updating/changing an existing subitem.

Any ideas, other than “APIs probably”?  :)

Thanks, all!

Hi @zapp_brannigan 

Try this Zap action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values

A “subitem” is a type of “item”.

Hi there @zapp_brannigan,

Unfortunately, the “Update Subitem” action is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this. I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Dang, all right -- thanks @ken.a 

@Troy Tessalone I tried your suggestion, but only items come up when I select the “Item ID” field, even after I did a search for subitems step and had some successfully returned.

@zapp_brannigan 

Did you try mapping the Subitem ID to the Item ID field using the “Custom” option?

@Troy Tessalone The “Get Subitem Values” step doesn’t return Subitem IDs, so unless there’s a different way for me to get the ID of a Subitem, I’m not able to do that.

@zapp_brannigan 

You may have to explore using the Monday API: https://developer.monday.com/api-reference/

Hi there @zapp_brannigan,

Unfortunately, the “Update Subitem” action is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this. I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Where can I sign up for this email notification if and when this gets implemented? 

Hi @mikeonthemic,

I have added you to the feature request as another interested member to support the “Update Subitem” action in monday.com. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi @mikeonthemic,

I have added you to the feature request as another interested member to support the “Update Subitem” action in monday.com. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please add me too. Can you confirm if there is a solution via api?

Hi @notadmin,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.