Question

Can I use Zapier to populate an email field on a third party site?

• 25 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I plan to start running Facebook ‘Lead ads’ and want to be able to pass the email address to a third party site so that the user then only has to click submit (once they’ve been redirected to the third party site). As most of my Facebook ad traffic is mobile, I’m finding I’m losing a certain amount of leads because of the extra hassle physically entering their email using the phone.  

Is this possible with Zapier and how would I go about it? Thanks in advance.

(Btw, Lead Ads enable you to create a lead capture form which is pre-populated by Facebook with user name and email and can be integrated with Zapier and numerous CRMs)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depends on what the 3rd party site is and if the site supports prefilling data based on querystrings.

Most phones nowadays allow users to save their contact info for 1-tap filling into fields such as the email address.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help Troy :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bigbridge!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. If you did crack this workflow, we’d be curious to hear about how you did it. Please let us know!