Best answer

Can I use the same guesty trigger (new/updated reservation) in another zap but for a different booking platform?

Badge

I created a zap to connect our guesty bookings to xero. But as of now I’ve only created one zap for airbnb account and we have other booking accounts that we want to show in the invoice. I’m thinking of duplicating the main zap and then change the account with different booking account. But I’m not sure if this will work since I’m afraid this will cause problems to the first zap as well. I’ve added the screenshot of the steps and the fields for the create invoice step. The “account field” in the last is the needed to be change for it to show in the invoice. Since Guesty trigger doesn’t have a filter option where I can choose which account would be triggered. Hoping that you can help me with this case. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 October 2023, 19:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brandinnovate 

Good question.

Try adding a Filter as step 2 in the Zaps.

If you have a Pro+ Zapier plan, you can use Paths.

Badge

Thank you for this, just wanted to ask again if I should choose from the inputs from the first step or i should type down the account that should be filtered? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

You’ll want to specify the specific value if you only want the Zap to pass the filter step for certain conditions.

(e.g. Integration Platform contains XXX)

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

The data for Integration Platform is actually automatically generated from the guesty reservation. That’s why I don’t know if this will work. or Do I need to use a different record where in the record is from the other platforms to make this work? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

You would need to know the values to set in the Filter condition.

OR

If you are trying to dynamically set the Account, then you may not need a Filter step.

Xero Account field is a dropdown.

Check the list of options.

The field expects the bottom value for each option.

You may be able to use a Lookup Table to translate the values from Guesty for the Integration Platform field to the expected values for the Xero Account dropdown field.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

this is the first time I’m going to try using lookup tables. Is this right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

We would need to see screenshots with how your step Action section is configured.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Here’s the screenshots for the lookup table.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

While here’s the action step for filter by zapier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

Help article about using the Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496305146765

You need to configure the Lookup Table section below.

If you need to use a Filter, then you would need to set static values as the bottom options for each conditions.

Otherwise, the way you have each Filter condition configured it is evaluating against itself and will always evaluate to true and proceed, which is not what you want to happen.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

Just wanted to ask if you also know why the one I tried with the filter. I chose a specific account in the invoice but when I check the invoice generated in xero the account is different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

If you tested live, then check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

We would need to see screenshots from your Zap Runs as well as updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

I just tested it in Zapier itself, will wait if any leads will go in the zap and update you. Thank you for responding

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Just tested the filter option and I think it works within the other booking. But I just want to ask, if I want to exclude words to be process in zap will continue. I tried choosing, “doesn’t exactly match” but the zap still continued. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brandinnovate 

All the conditions would need to be converted to AND.

You’d have to remove the OR continue if groupings.

Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you for this, I’ll wait for it to be tested live to know how it does. Will update here if I have additional questions. Thank you again.