Question

Can i use a filtered view from a Table inside a dropdown filed in an Interfaces page?

• 9 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am new to both Interfaces and Tables, tho excited to give it a try. 

I created a new page in Interfaces that uses a form, and added a new “Dropdown” field.

First point - I want the dropdown to be use dynamic options pulled from a custom Tables view i previously created - which has a filter applied to exclude certain options. Only the default view of the Table is currently available as a “Selection source”, is there any workaround?

Second point (build on to the first point) - in the dropdown, if i select the default view of the Table, but before that i apply a filter to it - inside the form it disregards the filter and still show all the options. Is this the expected behaviour? Any workarounds?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Emi.Lian, welcome to the Community! 👋

That’s the expected behaviour as the filter is only applied to the specific table view - the list of options are being loaded in from the table, not the filtered table view itself. I’d recommend reaching out to the Interfaces team directly to submit a feature request for the ability to be able to pull in options directly from a table view, or to be able to apply an existing filter used in a table view to dropdown fields in an Interfaces form.

You can do that using the form here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces

For now, on that Selection form field if you want to limit it’s available options then you’d need to set the Selection Source to use the “Provide Static List” option to ensure only the desired options are shown. Not ideal I know but hopefully that will help in the meantime.

If you run into any trouble on that or have any further questions at all do let us know! 🙂