Best answer

Can I use a custom choice in my Zap to find any section with a new page in OneNote?

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to write a zap that will pull pages from OneNote. The Zap has two items “required” - the notebook name, and a section in the notebook.  When i go to choose the section, i can either pick a specific section, or there is an option for a custom soemthing or other.  

Can someone explain to me how i might use a custom choice here?  I’m wondering if it is possible to have a custom filter that finds any section with a new page.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 11:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @briandavis. Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Ah, the custom option wouldn’t allow you to pick an “any” option, it would still only allow to select a single section.

In a trigger step like the New Note in Section trigger, you’d usually want to use the Custom option if the desired section wasn’t appearing in the list of available options in the dropdown menu. You can find out more about using custom values here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

I did some checking and found a feature request to have the Section field on that New Note in Section trigger made optional so that it will trigger on new notes in any section. It sounds like that’s what you’re after here so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises on when/if that field will be made optional but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is.