Best answer

Can I update a Billin quickbooks

• 14 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Here is the scenario incase there is another way to solve this.

All in quickbooks online

The client has a customer Invoice in Quickbooks and they also have a corresponding Vendor Bill in quickbooks.

Payments are not made to Vendors until the corresponding Invoice is paid (both use the same number).

But once a Customer pays the invoice, we need to update the Vendor Bill to indicate it is time to pay it.

Currently this is done by hand, using a report of recent customer payments, looking at the invoice #, then looking a report of outstanding Bills and finding the Bill Numbers that match.  Finally putting that list of Bills in a spreadsheet for management to review / pay.

It would be easier if once the Invoice is paid, it updates a field on the corresponding Bill, so a report can be run for Bills with a value of X in that updated field.

I see there is a trigger of a payment in quickbooks, but I don’t see where I can update a Bill.

Hopefully this make sense.

Sorry, I am new to exploring these automation tools such as Zapier - I am an accountant hoping to use these more regularly.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 15 September 2023, 07:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @deathandtaxes,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Update Bill” action in QuickBooks Online is not supported at the moment. We do have an open feature request for this exact functionality.

I have added your email address to the list of interested members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.