Best answer

Can I send an email one week from a date in a Google spreadsheet?

• 2 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I am new to Zapier pro so am rapidly learning all the new features.

I have a Google Spreadsheet that generates an email when the word “Yes” is added to a column named Approved. I have that conditional zap set up fine.

I’d like to set up another Zap (if possible) to send an email with a link to an evaluation form, 1 week after the date in the Date column.

Is this possible? It would build on the earlier Zap, and only go to people who were approved earlier.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 December 2020, 04:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can add a Delay step to a Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help

NOTE: Keep in mind Zaps can only be delayed up to 30 days.

Very cool. I set up a Delay Until and linked to the date in the spreadsheet. Then I added an action after the delay to send an email. But when I tested it sent me the email. Is this because it’s a test or did I set up wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depends on how you tested.

You’d need to explain what you did to test in detail and the order of operations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @valeriecosta - When you send a test it will send immediately (i.e. it won’t inherit the delay) - So you very likely set it up correctly. 

Can you let us know how you got on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @valeriecosta!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!