Best answer

Can I retrieve the PDF of a bill in Quickbooks?

• 25 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

Hope everyone is well!

I am facing a challenge today. I am trying to set up a Zap that would retrieve information from a bill in Quickbooks, and then put this info in Monday.

To do so, I’ve chosen the trigger called “New Bill in Quickbooks Online”. I can see all the info (i.e. the doc number, amount invoiced, description, due date etc.) about the bill, except for its PDF. Does anyone know why?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 September 2023, 15:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Elodiew 

Good question.

The attachments did not upload.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Hope you are doing well!

What about this time?
​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Elodiew 

Check if the data returns a file URL or a file object.

File URL would be a link.

File object would look something like File (Exists but not shown).

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Funnily enough, there is no file URL or file object in the returned data... 

Thank you again,

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Elodiew! 👋

I took a quick look at the fields available for the bill object via the QuickBooks API and couldn’t see any file attachment returned which may explain why it’s missing from fields returned by the New Bill trigger.

The PDF in the screenshot appears to be an invoice, so I’m wondering if you’d be able to use a Find Invoice action to find it. Do you think that could work?

If you’d be willing to give that a try, for the Invoice Number field on the Find Invoice (QuickBooks Online) action, you’d likely want to use the DocNumber that’s output by the New Bill trigger. Can you give that a try and let us know if it works?

If that doesn’t work perhaps you could use the QuickBooks Online app’s API Request (Beta) action to search for the file attachment? It’s a more advanced option as you’d need to set up the API request by following QuickBook’s API documentation (the Query an attachable looks like the one you’d need to use here). If that’s something you’d be interested in exploring you can learn more about how to set up that type of action here: Create an API Request in your Zaps

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you get on!

Userlevel 1

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your answer! I understand the situation better now.

I have tried the Find Invoice action, but it did not work. I think the correct action would be Find Bill, but it doesn’t exist yet.

Thank you for the links to the documentation, I’ll check it out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry the Find Invoice action wasn’t able to locate it as hoped, @Elodiew. Hopefully that API Request (Beta) action will do the trick. 🤞

As there isn’t a Find Bill action available I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to request that they open up a feature request on your behalf for that to be added. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Keen to make sure you’re all set here so please do keep us in the loop on how it goes! 🙂