Question

Can I put "all" for record ID in Adalo?

• 27 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I am making an action that I would like to perform on all records in a collection in Adalo:

at the start of each day, set certain properties to 0 for *all* Id’s.

Right now it seems that I need to enter a unique ID for each action - this is tough because I have a lot of ID’s, and also I can add ID’s from my native app. I don’t want to have to add a zapier action every time I add an ID.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @GOB, welcome to the Community! 👋

Unfortunately you can’t use a term like “all” in the Record ID field. Doing so would likely result in an error as it’s expecting to receive an ID.

The Update Record (Adalo) action is only able to update a single action at a time - the ID is needed to ensure that it updates the correct record. You could use it inside a loop which would allow you to run it multiple times (for different records), but you’d need to supply it a list of the IDs for the records you wish to update.  

If you have a list of the ID numbers for the specific records you want to update in Adalo then you could use it in a Looping by Zapier (Create a loop from text) action to create the loop. You can find out more about using loops in your Zaps here: Loop your Zap actions

Please note that loops are limited to 500 - so if you’ve got more than 500 records to update on a daily basis then this may not be a viable option. Also if the list of IDs would change on a daily basis you might need to consider adding an additional action in the Zap that pulls in the updated list of ID from wherever it’s stored before passing the list of IDs to the loop to run through.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If I’ve misunderstood what you’re after here or you run into any issues at all just let us know! 🙂