Question

Can I pull the Event Date through a HubSpot form in the correct format instead of just numbers?

• 20 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to pull through a hubspot form with an Event Date, however i can’t seem to manage to pull the date through in the correct format.  it just comes through with lots of numbers.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Splash Events,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

The issue you're experiencing is because the HubSpot API endpoints use UNIX formatted timestamps in milliseconds, which is a bit different from the date formats we often see. But don't worry! We have a handy tool called the Formatter by Zapier that can help you out!

Formatter by Zapier is great at converting one date/time format into another. So, you can use one to change the UNIX timestamp into a format that suits your needs better. If you'd like to learn more about setting up this Formatter Step, you can check out this link: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496044811917-How-to-Get-Started-with-Formatter-by-Zapier#date-time-0-15

Here’s an example:

5089eafd9de03d2f3a6f598994dbfd17.png
(view larger)

0a56801d3c83326b9a5ab77d3b117bfb.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thank you, I have install formatter but it doesn’t seem to be working.   is there something I am doing wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Splash Events 

Try specifying the From Format.

I’ve tried that too and it still doesn’t seem to change :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Splash Events 

The Formatter expects a UNIX Timestamp like this with 10 digits.

The Event Date being provided is 13 characters.

Thirteen-character timestamps are generally UNIX timestamps with a millisecond precision.

You can add another Zap step to use a Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation (divide by 1000).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Splash Events!

Just checking in to see how you’re getting on with this. Were you able to get it sorted using a Formatter action as Troy suggested?

If you’re still in need of some help with this just let us know! 🙂