Best answer

Can I pull specific words or strings from line items to populate a field in Jira?

• 26 September 2023
  • 8 replies

I am trying to populate as many of these jira fields as possible. Color, Size, Add-on, Window Options, Locks etc… pic of jira ticket below.

I am using line items from shopify. Is there a way to extract the data I need from line items to populate into my jira ticket? Or is this strictly field to field mapping?

My current Zap

When a new order comes into shopify it creates a new ticket in jira

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 September 2023, 17:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BBJENN 

Good question.

For the standardized dropdown fields, each field expects the smaller value for each option shown in the dropdown.

That means you may have to do data translation in order to set the expected values.

Can you show screenshots of those field dropdown options?

Thank you for the reply!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BBJENN 

We need to see screenshots of those dropdown field options from the Zap Editor.

There is nothing in the fields. There is nothing that maps from shopify to populate. I wanted to extract from the line items shopify field ( I can pull most of that data from that field)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BBJENN 

We need to see screenshots of those dropdown field options from the Zap Editor.

Sorry, I did take screeenshots from the editor and it said they were empty but I did find what you asked for :) Sorry!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BBJENN 

As an example of what I mean by having to translate values…

For Color:

• if you want to set “Black”, then you need to pass a value of: 10024
  • if you want to set “White”, then you need to pass a value of: 10025
  • and so on

Okay, thank you for the help.