Question

Can I Monitor Order Completion and Initiate Phone Calls if a Customer Doesn't Complete a Purchase after 30 minutes?

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! :)

So, I have a landing page in which there's a phone number form field.

This page comes before the checkout page, and the number is captured by webhook in order to contact the customer if he doesn't complete the purchase after thirty minutes.

The problem is that I need to know if the customer has completed the order or not, in order to define if I will contact him by phone or not.

I use Hotmart as my payment processor, which is directly integrated to Zapier, and the phone number collected by the form will be the exact same number registered by Hotmart and associated to the purchase (99% of the times).

So, there must be a way to do this, but I can't find how.

Could anyone please help me solving this question? :)

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @guibackstage 

Good question.

However, it’s unclear what you are seeking help with.

For example, where is the data being sent in the Zap action steps?

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Perhaps outline a specific example for us too.

Hello @Troy Tessalone, thanks for your answer!

I actually need help on setting up a Zap (or Zaps) to make this happen. I don't even know how to start.

I have thought about creating two Zaps:

1. One to receive the form data (step 1), wait for thirty minutes (step 2) and only send the message (step 3 via webhook to a third-party service I use) if the phone number is not from someone who purchased.

2. The second one to trigger when someone purchase (step 1) and then send the phone number info to the first zap (don't know if this is possible) and keeping it from sending the message.

I don't even know if this makes sense. I am really lost on this case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@guibackstage

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace