Question

Can I link custom contact data from RegFox to ActiveCampaign fields and handle checkbox info saved as 'Yes' in CSV?

I am trying to link quite a lot of custom contact information gathered in RegFox to identical fields on my ActiveCampaign database. This should be straightforward, but RegFox is saving the fields I want under “contact” instead of “registrant” data. I’m having to export them as a CSV, which turns a bunch of checkboxes into text yes/no fields. Can Zapier be set up to use new RegFox contacts, as opposed to registrants, as a trigger - and if not (though this is not really a Zapier issue) does anyone know how to make ActiveCampaign read a “Yes” in a CSV as a checked box?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @tasfwcc 

As per RegFox API Documentation, there is no endpoint for Contacts, please check the documentation here

Regarding the other part of your question, you CAN still use Zapier if you upload said CSV into something like Google Sheet then set your trigger to New Row in Google Sheet and let Zapier do the moving to ActiveCampaign as you need it. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Yes, it is possible to link custom contact data from RegFox to ActiveCampaign fields and handle checkbox information saved as 'Yes' in a CSV file. Here's a general approach to achieve this:

1. Export the contact data from RegFox: RegFox should provide an option to export the contact data, typically in CSV format. Make sure to include the checkbox information in the export.
  2. Prepare the CSV file: Open the exported CSV file and ensure that the checkbox information is saved as 'Yes' for the relevant contacts. If the checkbox information is stored differently, you may need to update it to 'Yes' for consistency.
  3. Import the CSV file into ActiveCampaign: In your ActiveCampaign account, navigate to the Contacts section and look for the import option. Follow the prompts to import the CSV file containing the RegFox contact data.
  4. Map fields: During the import process, ActiveCampaign will ask you to map the fields in the CSV file to the corresponding fields in ActiveCampaign. Make sure to map the checkbox field correctly to an appropriate field in ActiveCampaign, such as a custom field or a predefined checkbox field.
  5. Verify the import: After importing the data, verify that the contacts and their checkbox information are correctly reflected in ActiveCampaign. Check a few contacts to ensure that the 'Yes' values are captured accurately.

By following these steps, you should be able to link custom contact data from RegFox to ActiveCampaign fields and handle the checkbox information saved as 'Yes' in a CSV file. Remember to refer to the specific documentation and guides provided by RegFox and ActiveCampaign for detailed instructions on importing and mapping data.

Thanks - that's really not what I was hoping to read, because Zapier doesn't get involved in the process at all, so your “Yes” is really a “no” where this product’s concerned. I might as well not have a Zapier subscription if it can't automate this, and doing it manually over and over will add an immense amount to my workload, but it does, very thoroughly and helpfully, answer my question!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @tasfwcc,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Unfortunately, it looks like RegFox doesn’t have a trigger for “New Contacts”. MohSwellam's suggestion seems to be the most feasible workaround for your desired workflow.

However, we're always looking to improve and expand our integration. I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team to submit a feature request. You can get in touch with them at this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

7cf4459bc2c0101f1790f9db385a8e46.png
(view larger)

It's also worth noting that the app's integration is managed and updated by the app creator. It might be beneficial to also reach out to them and express your interest in this feature. They do have access to our system's feature requests, but hearing directly from users like you can make a big difference.

I'm sorry that we don't have this feature available for you at this moment. We appreciate your understanding and patience.