Question

Can I hide rows in Microsoft Excel after a PTO/FTO request process without triggering the Zaps?

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am creating a PTO/FTO request process using SurveyMonkey, Excel, and Outlook.

Can I hide rows in the Excel sheet once the request has been completed and approved?  Or will this trigger the Zaps with the rows are hidden or unhidden?

My goal is save the data request without having to do constant scrolling to the bottom for the management team. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HQS 

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of Excel.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data.

One type of View is Forms, which might be able to replace SurveyMonkey.

You can add Filter conditions to Views to include/exclude data using the Grid View type.

Airtable has Automations, which have a native integration with Outlook.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great suggestion by @Troy Tessalone 

Another so @HQS that you can use google sheets instead of Excel and populate the data there using Zapier. 

All you need to do is import the same excel sheet on google drive, open it as a google sheet, create filters based on the status column of approval of the leave, and just display the ones that are needed for approval. 

In Zapier, you just need to connect the survey monkey form submission to the relevant columns of a google sheet, and then generate an email if you have a specific sequence in that. 

We generally recommend using a Project management tool like Clickup, Teamwork etc to create a full system for HR management. 

Happy to assist further if you need help. Thanks