Best answer

Can I get Zapier to email an approved invoice in Xero?

• 15 July 2022
  • 8 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have created a Zap that links JotForm and Xero and creates a new approved invoice in Xero.  Xero says the invoice has been sent but as I’m sending it to myself to test I haven’t received the sent invoice… I need the invoice to email instantly.  I will ask the same question of Xero in case it’s their thing not yours… any support would be really appreciated…

icon

Best answer by christina.d 26 July 2022, 23:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KatieT 

you should just need to use the Send Sales Invoice By Email in Xero action. If you are sending it to yourself and Xero uses your email address to send the invoice there is a chance the email message may be ending up in a spam folder. Try sending it to another email address and see if it is received. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @KatieT! Checking in to see if you were able to try @GetUWired’s suggestion of “sending it to another email address and see if it is received”. 

Let us know where you’re at with this workflow - we’ve love to keep working with you to make sure you’re able to complete this Zap!

I'm brand new to zapier and struggling a bit! 

I have managed to add another action to my Zap to 'Send Sales Invoice by email in xero' but don't know quite what I'm filling out in the 'invoice number (required field)' section???

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KatieT 

You should get the invoice number back after you create the Invoice in Zapier. 

Please share screenshots of the “set up action” steps and we should be able to help you further. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @KatieT! I wanted to check in and see if you were able to get this sorted?

If so, @GetUWired’s recommendations of sharing some screenshots may help the community to troubleshoot with ya! 🙂

I haven't managed to sort it  it was a temporary work around, I've decided to start the bigger project and do it properly!

Thanks for all the help offered

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi friends! 👋🏽 I wanted to pop in and summarize some of the recommendations here! It might be helpful for anyone stumbling along. 🙂

you should just need to use the Send Sales Invoice By Email in Xero action. If you are sending it to yourself and Xero uses your email address to send the invoice there is a chance the email message may be ending up in a spam folder. Try sending it to another email address and see if it is received. 

You should get the invoice number back after you create the Invoice in Zapier. 

Userlevel 1

You need to mark it as Awaiting Approval and NOT Approved as well in the step that creates the invoice.

I would also make sure in the step that creates the invoice that the Mark as Sent field is set as false, so if it changes you know the email was sent in the sending step and you don’t think its been sent when in fact it has not.