Question

Can I filter leads by postal code using paths when an email is received with a specific format?

• 26 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all

I am setting up a Zap to separate leads based on postal codes. I have leads coming into an email address containing text in the format <postalcode>A0A0A0</postalcode> and I match the leads to 4 different stores based on a list of postal codes assigned to each store.

I have already set up 4 paths that check whether the email contains any of the postal codes for each store and sends the lead email address for that store. 

I want to add a 5th and final path that sends any leads that have either no postal code entered or a postal code that is not on any of the store’s lists to our main store. Basically, I want a final path that evaluates any time that none of the previous paths are not true. 

This is of course possible by setting up a rule to evaluate if the email does not contain any of the other postal codes, but I was wondering if there is a simpler way to do this. 

I can not find any information on whether paths stop evaluating once one path is true. For instance if I have paths A, B, C and D, will the conditions for path C and D still be evaluated if the condition for path B is true? If the zap stops evaluating once one of the paths evaluate as true, I can essentially set up the final path to run whenever the body of the email is not empty. However if  path C and D will still be evaluated if path B is true, that means I will be getting too many duplicates. 

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Neline Lab

All paths would run at the same time, regardless of whether another paths evaluate as true. So yes, you can have multiple paths evaluating as true.

If you want a path to only run if a specific path’s rules are met then you’d need to add the path within that path - creating a nested path. You can find out more about nested paths here: 

Hope that helps to clarify​​​​​ things here. Let us know if you run into any trouble on that. 🙂