Best answer

Can I fill specific columns in Google Sheets using entries from a Google Form?

• 26 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I have a Google Form setup, and I’d like the submissions to fill out a row in Google Sheets that has 4 columns. How do I get the entries from the Google Form to fill in particular columns in this row?

I’m using Create Spreadsheet Row, and I notice this is a Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows, but what I’m looking for would be something more like Create Multiple Spread Columns, which I don’t see.

icon

Best answer by Lightspeed 27 June 2023, 17:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Lightspeed 

It sounds like you want to just take the info from the form and place it into several columns in a single row.  

To do that, just use a regular Create Spreadsheet Row action.

You will then map the information from your trigger step into the columns you want.  (first name, last name, email, etc in my example)

Just make sure you have a single row on the top with your headers.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lightspeed 

Good question.

You can connect a GForm to save to a GSheet without the need for Zaps.

Help: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2917686?hl=en

Userlevel 1

Hi @Lightspeed 

Good question.

You can connect a GForm to save to a GSheet without the need for Zaps.

Help: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2917686?hl=en

You’re right, and that is easy to setup, but what it doesn’t seem to offer is choosing specific parts of the entry and applies them to specfic places. On this particular Google Sheet, I’m only looking for certain parts of the entry to be places in there.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Lightspeed 

It sounds like you want to just take the info from the form and place it into several columns in a single row.  

To do that, just use a regular Create Spreadsheet Row action.

You will then map the information from your trigger step into the columns you want.  (first name, last name, email, etc in my example)

Just make sure you have a single row on the top with your headers.

Hope this helps!

Your Create Spreadsheet Row and mine do not seem to look the same, you have options like First, Last, Email, where as mine just says Webforms Tracker.

EDIT: I missed the part about the top line headers, I have headers, but they’re on line 2, refreshed it all a few times but still not getting

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lightspeed 

Can you post a screenshot with how the first couple rows of your GSheet is configured with the headers?

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone , I just posted it on one of my responses that I didn’t know that would be an issue. My headers were on Line 2 because I had a title on Line 1. I made the adjustment but still not seeing the options in Zapier.

EDIT: Just clicked Refresh Fields, got it now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lightspeed,

Awesome! We’re glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊