Question

Can I create a Zapier Interfaces form to update an existing record with existing information as the default value?

• 6 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I want to implement a form to create and update records of a table, to do so, I created a form and integrated it with the table, but I didn't find a way to create a sort of Update Form to update an existing record, this would require set the record information in the default value of the input, but I couldn't find a way to do this.

Is it possible to create a form to update an existing record using zapier interfaces that displays the existing information as default value for the inputs?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @joaocecilio, welcome to the Community!

That’s not currently possible as the form component is designed to capture new information, not give access to existing information in a table, but it’s a great idea! I’d recommend reaching out to the Interfaces team directly and share more details about your desired use case. They’ll be able to open up a feature request to have that sort of functionality added on your behalf. You can get in touch with them here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces

In the meantime, are you wanting to have the ability to update a table record via a form, instead of just editing the table directly, because you’re wanting to only allow certain people to make changes to the records?

If so, it is possible to use the you could try using Dynamic filters (available with an Interfaces Advanced plan) to filter information based on whether the person that is viewing the table is a managed user or not. That way only folks with the correct permissions will be able to edit table records.

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do here or you run into any issues just let us know! 🙂