Question

Can I create a managed service with Zapier

• 18 December 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

A managed service is one where a company B takes the service from a company A in bulk and create a personalized service from a number of companies that would not directly be able to access A because too complex or because they need more services that company A does not provide. 

Is there a way to do this with Zapier ? Are there examples?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Paolon 

In theory, a company could manage a single Zapier account, with zaps that do some such thing, and have those zaps trigger by webhook so that you have a way for 3rd parties to send data into your Zapier account.

In practicality, Zapier does not allow this as it’s seen as reselling - they want companies to maintain their own Zapier accounts.

There are also issues here with data security.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I see but that is an important business channel for b2b companies because there is a limit to the self service approach several companies want someone that helps them to manage the processes 

most b2b companies have a managed service strategy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Paolon!

I’m not 100% clear on what you’re suggesting. Can you be a little more specific on what the use case would be? So you would pay for a Zapier account and then who pays you, and for what, exactly?

You can read more here about acceptable use to see if what you’ve got in mind is addressed there.

Userlevel 1
Badge

watch this:
https://resources.automationanywhere.com/wistia-automation-anywhere/scaling-automation-through-managed-services

and also read this :

https://searchitchannel.techtarget.com/definition/managed-service-provider

https://www.automationanywhere.com/partner

it seems you do not know what a managed service provider business model is 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Paolon!

I’m not 100% clear on what you’re suggesting. Can you be a little more specific on what the use case would be? So you would pay for a Zapier account and then who pays you, and for what, exactly?

You can read more here about acceptable use to see if what you’ve got in mind is addressed there.

see above 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Paolon, thanks for the clarification I think I can see what you’re asking now. 

It sounds like what you’re talking about is where someone would manage a Zapier account on behalf of a business so that the business doesn’t need to manage their own Zaps/self-service with Zapier, is that right?

If that’s what you’re referring to, then there are a number of certified Zapier experts that offer this kind of service. You can see a directory of Zapier experts here: https://experts.zapier.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Paolon!

Admittedly, I’m not overly familiar with a managed service provider business model, so thanks for the extra resources :)

As Danvers pointed out, the closest thing we currently have is our Zapier Experts program. But that won’t be nearly as robust as what you linked to above. 

I certainly don’t have the ability to say whether we’ll ever adopt something like this, but in my almost-5-years here we went from serving mostly individuals to offering Team plans, Company plans, allowing Zapier Experts to access client accounts (with their permission, of course), introducing Zap Sharing and we’ve got plenty of ideas for 2021 and beyond.

We’ll evolve and that may take us down a path where it makes sense to look at a managed service provider business model. But right now, we don’t have any such offering I’m afraid.

Userlevel 1
Badge

ok i had figured that out. 

In my case i am interested in artificial intelligence and I want to focus on that . Zapier would work well for many of my custoers when i create artificial intelligence solutions as zaps. But it is a bit of a broken up experience to have them subscribe to two services etc… they do not care so much about having zapier they care about their solution and they do not want to service anything that goes wrong. 

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The kind of service that you’re describing is not permitted by Zapier’s Terms of Service

Under acceptable use, it specifically states: 

You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The kind of service that you’re describing is not permitted by Zapier’s Terms of Service

Under acceptable use, it specifically states: 

You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

these are messages for kids. you are breaking in with lawyer like messages in a serious professional discussion 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello all! I’d like to gently remind everyone that we all are learning here. The feedback and candid discussion happening here is expected, but let’s not forget to be mindful of each other by being respectful and kind. After all, learning is not easy!

That said, @Paolon what you’re looking for isn’t currently possible. To help avoid any disappointment, I would not recommend building something along those lines within our current system. Should this change, you’ll be notified directly via email if you follow along with our product updates. You can find the Zapier updates :arrow_left: here.

Thanks!