Question

Can I create a dynamic Table based on user input in Interfaces?

• 13 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello

I’m looking to build an interface that shows options to a user and serves a table of results based on their input. 

I thought a combination of form and table could do this but I can’t seem to apply a filtered view of a table based on input user gives. 

Dynamic filters sounds like a similar solution, but I want to show the dynamic table content based on user input, not who they are.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @OJT123

Ah, yes it’s not currently possible to use a Zapier Interfaces Form component’s input to automatically filter a table, but that’s a great idea! I’d suggest submitting the details of your desired use case to the Interfaces team here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces. They’ll be able to open up a feature request for that sort of functionality to be added to Zapier Interfaces. 

In the meantime, is the form intended just for the purpose of allowing a user to access a certain filtered view of the table?

If so, perhaps instead of using a Form component you could use a Text component with links to a series of different table views that they can then click on? Not a perfect solution I know but hopefully it might be useful in the interim.

Keen to ensure you’re all set so if you have any success with that workaround or manage to find a different solution please let us know! 🙂