Question

Can I convert and send documents to Kindle as MOBI files when a new email matching search is found in Gmail?

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to be able to send documents with a particular label to my kindle. I would like them to be in a format that allows the Kindle to set the text format and size easily. Preferable it would be in something like Mobi. 

Here is how I see it happening.

1. New Email Matching Search in Gmail (Search: Label:{given Label})
  2. Convert to document format (Not sure what converter would be best)
  3. Send the Converted file to Kindle Email address

Just to answer some questions that may come up ahead of time for those that are not familier with Kindle

- Kindle needs an attached document to be able to read it

- It can’t just received a forwarded email and allow you to read the contents (as far as I can deduce)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Ray_Hunt,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I just wanted to check on something about your workflow. Are you using the Amazon Kindle? If that's the case, I'm sorry to say that we don't have the Kindle integration available right now. However, we do have a request to add Kindle to our list of integrations. Please let me know if you would like to be added to that request.

Thanks! 😊

I am more looking for a way to convert an Email into a document and then send it to my Kindle through email. The big issue I am having is converting an email’s body into a Document

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi fellow Kindle user! @Ray_Hunt 👋

At this time, I do not believe there is a set way to accomplish your task, however, if you would like to try playing with a workaround, I’d recommend starting here. Full transparency, I did take a peek around and while I do see it is possible to convert from Mobi/Epub to another file, I am not seeing it the other way around. Let me know if you find success with this or have another question. Happy to assist!