Can I combine Zaps to create a Basecamp project and uploads files to a dynamic folder based on the client name?

• 27 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have 2 Zaps that I want to combine and trigger when a JotForm Submission is detected.  When I submit a form, I want the ZAP to find the project that is an exact Name match to the Client Name in the JotForm and if it is not found, I wand to create  anew project based on a template.  I then want the ZAP to search my google drive for a new submission and upload that submission to the project in BaseCamp 3 that is a match to the customers name and put it in a folder within that name that I designate.  I have both Zaps working independent ly but the folder it uploads to is static, not dynamic based on the clients name.  I have attached pictures to help clarify this.  Once again, this needs to be a single Zap not 2 like it is now.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Nick Rokahr,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here’s a general outline of how you may want to setup the Zap.

1. Trigger: Jotform - New Submission
  2. Action: Basecamp 3 - Find Project - In this step, you need to match the "Search Name" field with the "Client Name" from the JotForm submission. 
  3. Action: Google Drive - Find File - Match the "File Name" with the corresponding identifier from the JotForm Submission
  4. Action: Basecamp 3 - Upload File - Upload the submission from Google Drive to the matched or newly created project in BaseCamp 3.

Please keep in mind that this is just a general suggestion based on your workflow. I'm not too familiar with Basecamp 3, but don't worry! We have a directory of Zapier Experts who can assist you in streamlining your desired workflow. Feel free to reach out to our certified Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction. 😊