Best answer

Can I automatically publish new YouTube videos as Spotify podcast episodes using Zapier?

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create a zap that detects any new videos posted in my youtube channel and then publishes it as a spotify podcast episode. The AI created a zap but the trigger doe spotify doesnt seem to be correct: Save episode to my user. Because this one tested alright but is not adding any new episode in my podcast. Can someone tell me what is the correct trigger?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 February 2024, 07:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @overcloud9! 👋

The YouTube trigger you’d want to use is the New Video In Channel trigger one.

I’m not seeing any “Save episode to my user” trigger available for YouTube, so I’m wondering if the trigger step was renamed when the AI feature created the Zap. Can you take a look in the set up of the trigger, specifically in the App & event section to double-check which trigger was selected?

If it’s using a different trigger you can select the New Video In Channel instead. Then continue finish setting up the trigger.

If it’s already using the New Video In Channel trigger then we’ll need to identify if the Zap isn’t triggering for the videos that are added to the channel, or whether it’s triggering but running into an error preventing it from adding them to your podcast. Can you take a look at the Zap’s history and confirm whether it’s triggered since being switched on and share a screenshot of any errors you see reported there? 

Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response. I have set it up as ‘new video in channel’ for youtube.  The youtube side is correctly set up because I am using the same youtube trigger for another of my zap and it works perfectly fine.

The problem is on the spotify side. The trigger for spotify to create an episode on my podcast is not there or I dont know which one is correct. I checked the zap history and no activity (test or errors) is showing up. 

Check the screenshot for the action circled in red. What should it be? Did I set it up correctly? Ideally whenever I post a new youtube video, it should use that video to create and publish and podcast episode for my podcast on Spotify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @overcloud9,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Save Episode to My User” doesn’t have the functionality to upload/publish an episode to your podcast since the “Save Episode to My User” action asks for the episode ID and I think this will only work if the trigger you’re using is the “New Podcast Episode“ trigger.

Unfortunately, there are no available action for Spotify to upload/publish an episode to your podcast at the moment. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi there @overcloud9,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Save Episode to My User” doesn’t have the functionality to upload/publish an episode to your podcast since the “Save Episode to My User” action asks for the episode ID and I think this will only work if the trigger you’re using is the “New Podcast Episode“ trigger.

Unfortunately, there are no available action for Spotify to upload/publish an episode to your podcast at the moment. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps!

Thank you so much for taking the time to check this out. Yes you are right, there are no options to upload episode on spotify currently. Do you know which podcasts allow uploading of videos as podcast zapier actions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @overcloud9,

You can probably use Podcast.co since there’s a supported action where you can create an episode from a file URL:

292dd682ab3831c4741ddf776f3cdf82.png
(view larger)

Or you can explore other apps from our Video & Audio apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/video

Hopefully, this helps!