Question

Can I automate Shopify price updates from a spreadsheet without affecting stock?

• 1 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Hello, I have a question. I created an automation in the transfer menu. Basically it's a price update from a spreadsheet for shopify. It turns out that no value is being changed, even putting it to run every hour. And if I create a zapier, and do the same procedure, it ends up resetting my stock every time. What is the correct way to do it? Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @anysoftware 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap/Transfer are configured.

This is my configuration that I made in transfers. It's all set up, but it doesn't update itself.

In this print, there are all my products inside shopify

This is my spreadsheet inside google sheets, I have 2 new records and I have all prices updated according to the dollar count. The spreadsheet updates, theoretically zapier would have to update because the prices have changed.

And finally the website, where the price was supposed to be updated, but it doesn't update.

I don't know why this transfer link doesn't work.

But when I create a zapier on links zaps, it works, but it resets all my stock even though I add the inventory field in the worksheet.

I'm a subscriber, paid for a plan, so theoretically it was supposed to be working. If you can help me thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@anysoftware

But when I create a zapier on links zaps, it works, but it resets all my stock even though I add the inventory field in the worksheet.

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Transfer and Zap are configured.

OK….. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@anysoftware 

Have you tried creating a Zap instead of a Transfer?

The Zap can be configured to fire on new/updated GSheet Rows.

###

For the Transfer steps, it’s unclear which event you selected for each step.

NOTE: This field doesn’t look to be configured correctly.

When I create a zapier, OK... it works perfectly. But, it ends up leaving my stock at 0.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@anysoftware 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have full context.

https://streamable.com/29i85h

I made a recording simulating my new zap and leaving my stock at zero.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@anysoftware 

Try adding as the last Zap step: Shopify - Update Inventory Quantity

Set the inventory value to the value returned from Step 2.

Am I required to update my inventory? I prefer not to touch it because the stock in shopify is correct. The idea is to update only the values.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@anysoftware 

If the Zap action for Shopify Update Product is resetting the Product Inventory, then you’d likely need to add that Zap action step to set the Product Inventory back to what it was.