Question

Can I automate adding numerous people to a space in Circle?

• 21 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I’d like to add my whole community (over 60 people) to a space on a specific date. Is this possible to automate?
My idea was:
1. Trigger is event in Google calendar
2. Initiates bulk adding of community members to a currently secret space in Circle
Is this possible? 

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ACER 

Where do you currently have your community member information stored? in Circle?

So something like the below?

Trigger: Google Calendar Event Started

Action: Find All Members in a Community in Circle (doesn’t exist)

Action: Looping by Zapier (loop through each member)

Action: Add Member to Space

There is not currently a way to get all the members in a community in Circle. The best workaround would be to export all your members to a Google Sheet or Airtable and then have Zapier loop through that. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @ACER and welcome to our Community (I always like chatting with other Community folks, if you have time or interest I’d love to know more about the space you’re building!).

As far as your question, definitely seems possible with a few simple steps. You could try something like this:

With the Event Start as your Trigger and then: 

“Add member to space/group” as your action. 

Circle also has a great writeup of Zapier in their Knowledge Base which you can check out here: https://help.circle.so/c/zapier-automations/how-do-i-connect-with-zapier

Let me know if that gets you started and if you have another other questions or roadblocks we can help you with. 

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Oh, @GetUWired pointed out something that I 100% missed 😑 which was the nature of finding that large group of folks to begin with. They are totally right, you would need to have some sort of way of designating the group in a google sheet or airtable. Thanks for pointing that out!