Best answer

Can I auto-convert Google Docs to PDF and email as attachment when added to a specific Google Drive folder?

• 17 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I have a zap that makes google documents from templates, and after that it saves them in a specific folder in google drive. Now, I am looking for an app that can automatically convert those documents into a word or PDF and can send those out as an email attachment.

I have some suggestions that people posted here, but they didn’t really work for me!

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 May 2023, 00:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dennymah 

Good question.

No need to use a different app.

GDrive provides the PDF version of files.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Isn’t that a manual process though? I was thinking that maybe I can add in app to zapier that can automatically convert google docs to pdf and then find another app that can send out that pdf to an email.

Do you know if this could be done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dennymah 

Did you review the related topic?

Userlevel 1

Gotcha @Troy Tessalone! Thanks so much!

Would you able to help me with the second step? I am essentially looking for an app in Zapier (ex: Gmail or any other app) to send this pdf document to a specified email address automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dennymah 

Easiest to use in Zaps is Gmail: https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

So, I tried adding those links in the “Attachment” section of the zap, like this:

However, upon testing I just received a text file

What do you recommend changing, so that I receive a pdf attachment instead of the text file?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dennymah 

Try adding each to a separate input under the Attachments field.

Currently you have 4 variables mapped to 1 input.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone It works! Thanks a ton for your help!